Monday, September 25, 2006

It's Harvest Time!

I have tried and tried to delete the double post, but can't seem to get rid of the extra one! So, I give up, and we'll just go on. Yesterday the guys got started shelling corn. They didn't really work yesterday, but they got everything in place and ready to go. Travis shelled just enough so that they could park the trucks off the road. They got an early start this morning, and hopefully things are going well. I've not had time to check on them or get a picture. Since they're busy with harvest, I'm the one that gets to do the rest of the work. Today I went to Hamilton to take care of backfilling a grave, and tomorrow I'll be back over in Illinois...same thing-different place. Between that and the bus route, they'd better just be exceedingly thankful for a meal...whether it's good or not! I'll try to get a picture added tomorrow....but right now, I better get to the kitchen and start preparing something edible!

2 comments:

Heidikins said...

That's really weird on the 'non-delete' of the double post. hmmm

And I have no doubts that anything you cook isn't good!!!! You're a fantastic cook from what I've heard! I remember stories of the 'nights out' at your place long ago!!!!!

Have a good week!

Heidikins said...

By the way......there's only one post when I pulled up your page. Maybe you got it fixed. Sometimes it takes several minutes for things to "update"