Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Time for Keokuk's 2nd Annual Geode Fest!

Today between morning and afternoon bus runs, I was invited to go "scout" out one of the sites that will be used for the guided hunts during Geode Fest. What fun! I enjoyed it very much, and even brought home a few geodes! The leaves seem to be turning more colorful by the minute. It was a gorgeous day. After school, I went to Ft. Madison for a mandatory training session for bus drivers. Several from Central met at Vel's to eat prior to the class. I still have no harvest pictures. They've been working long days though, and things have been going quite well. Dennis just got home, and I expect he's very hungry! Better get that casserole out of the oven. Oh, that big black looking thing in the boat is the geode I brought home!

1 comments:

Heidikins said...

OK....so what does one actually DO at a geode fest???? I mean, you can't ride them in funny races like the mule fest; they don't have a jumping contest like the mule fest; they can't have team weight pulling contests like the mule fest....so what do geodes do?

LOL