Saturday, September 23, 2006

Another Typical Saturday

As usual, Zach spent the night with us. This morning, Travis, Tyler and Dennis were all working on the big truck. Wyatt came over with Tyler and brought his bike. He was riding it all over the place and only crashed twice! Zach rode his bike too, as you can see him in the background. The dog is just trying to stay out of the way!
All the big guys were under the truck most of the time. I fixed chili and cornbread for lunch, for which they were very thankful. They're working on the semi that's used to haul grain, getting it ready to go. When I was out there to see how they were doing all I could see was legs sticking out from under the cab, and tools everywhere!
The little guys went to school to help me wash my bus. It's now the cleanest bus on the lot, and looks great. I'll be taking it to Mount Pleasant later this evening for a High School Band event. That's about all that's going on around here. We expect to be starting harvest very soon. Travis and Gail's house is coming along. They're ready to put rafters up next. Once that's done, it won't take long to get it all enclosed, which will be nice!

1 comments:

Heidikins said...

I guess since I read it fast the first time, I was supposed to read it again? That just HAS to be the reason for a double posting!! LOL I have done that before! *go to the blogger dashboard and "delete" one of them. IF you want only one to be posted, that is!!!
Hope they get the semi done. They'll be harvesting soon! Lots of corn out around here but a lot is still in. Beans are really getting "golden" and I'm sure they'll be combining those soon.
How was the bus ride for the band event????