Saturday, August 18, 2007

Autumn Is Just Around the Corner!

Yes, as hard as it is to realize, summer is nearly over and fall colors are already appearing just a little here and there in the landscape! The tree that provides afternoon shade for our house is yellowing and has lots of leaves falling already! That's why I decided to change the look of our blog to the autumn leaves. However, I still plan to enjoy the last remaining days of summer!
Last evening, we enjoyed a very fine meal at the Nauvoo Hotel with about 55 other "Schulte" family members. Not all of the names present were Schultes, but everyone there was of the Schulte family, and we had a really nice time. Dennis enjoyed visiting with cousins he'd not seen in quite a while, which was really fun for him. Zach and Wyatt came here to spend the night with us afterward, so on our way through Keokuk, we stopped in to hear some "blues music" at the Rollin' On the River Festival. We caught them between sets, so had to wait about 20 minutes for the next group to set up, and since it was so late we stayed only long enough to hear two songs, but it was enough to let the boys hear how "blues" music sounds. We learned that Zach doesn't like to hear cymbals. He says, "I hate the sound of cymbals, it sounds like scratching a chalkboard". Seems a funny thing to say, especially from him. He enjoys most forms of music, but now we know....NO cymbals!
Here are some of the pictures from our reunion.



























3 comments:

Heidikins said...

And not only is fall around the corner for the reason to change your layout - you also saw that III had changed mine (thanks to the pyzam site) so you thought "what a brilliant idea" LOL I like your page. I'm disappointed in mine, as the Cardinals part doesn't show up as much as I wanted it to. Oh well. Glad you enjoyed the HN.....I LOVE THAT PLACE

Susie Schulte said...

You are exactly right. When I saw your new layout, I thought "what a great idea" and therefore, I thank you once again for leading the way!
I just finished mowing (finally! had not mowed since late July) and after a shower will add the pictures from our family reunion. There's another one tomorrow, with the Miller's in Kahoka....so I'll have more then too!

Heidikins said...

I had to give you a hard time hehe

GREAT pics!! I don't know those people (except Dennis) but it looks like a great time was had by all. I mean - who in their right mind would NOT have a great time at HOTEL NAUVOOOOOO

We know the Millers. Have a good time there also.