Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Well, It's About TIME!

It's raining and a little on the stormy side this morning. While I was syncing my "pod", I got to thinking about how long it had been since I made my "weekly" list of five things for which I am thankful. HA! Weekly? It was early in December when I last posted my list! Well, anyway, I got to thinking about that, and FINALLY!!! here is my newest list:


1. SPRING! I am truly thankful that we live in Iowa, where we can enjoy the changing seasons. Often on those fun little “Get to Know You” e-mail questionnaires I am asked which season is my favorite. I have to say, I don’t have a favorite! I love them all! Still, I am thankful for spring. I’m so enjoying the lush green color of our hay fields and lawn, the blooming daffodils and red bud trees, the songs of the songbirds, and watching them build nests. Also, I’m enjoying the warmer temperatures and the longer days. Yes, I am thankful for spring.

2. HIGHWAYS! Do you remember when a trip to Fort Madison or Quincy seemed like a very long trip? Do you remember when Iowa City seemed to be so far away? I can, and do remember! Today, we travel to Iowa City between the morning and afternoon bus route to do a little shopping and have lunch! It’s a four lane, divided highway from here to Cedar Rapids, or Fort Madison and Burlington. We just got home Sunday from a weekend trip to the Ozarks. I can remember back when the trip to the Ozarks was on a narrow, winding road that took forever, and now we can get there in under 4 hours! I am thankful for the roads that make travel so much easier and enjoyable.

3. VISION! I am so thankful for good vision! I recently had an eye exam and got new glasses. I’ll confess, I don’t really like wearing glasses, but I am getting used to them and am very happy to be able to see!

4. BOOKS. I really enjoy a good book! Of course, that’s one reason I’m so thankful for vision! I can read so much better with my new glasses. I’m thankful that there are so many really good books available to read. Reading a book is almost like a vacation. I am thankful for books!

5. WANDA! I’m thankful for Wanda. She’s a wonderful person, and Wanda also loves books. She is very generous to share them, so I can read from her extensive library. When I get a book from Wanda, I can be sure that it will be a good book, without explicit language or trashy themes. I’m thankful for Wanda.

As always, there are so many things for which to be thankful, but these are just the five that popped into my head this morning.

Enjoy this beautiful day!

2 comments:

Heidikins said...

You certainly know how to explain why you are thankful for your items. Very good!!!!
Oh and let's see...you can put MYYY picture of my goofy St. Patty shamrock shades on...but we can't see a picture of YOU in your new glasses?? Guess you don't wanna make a "spectacle" of yourself ey??
:)

Connie said...

Enjoyed the article. Also know, the road to Cedar Rapids will lead you to my address.