Monday, April 02, 2007

Belated Birthday Wishes HEIDI!





So, how OLD are you now? We sure hope you had a great birthday. It couldn't have been a more beautiful day, that's for sure! Anyway.....just want EVERYONE who reads this to know that Heidi "FoolBaby" Hays is another year older!


I had the great pleasure of being at the Lake of the Ozarks Annual Gospel Sing for the weekend. Bobbie and I left right after our bus routes Friday afternoon, and were able to attend three concerts and enjoy absolutely great Southern Gospel music! We saw the Ball Brothers Quartet, Higher Power, Sweet Harmony Boys Quartet, Dove Brothers, The Lesters, and Triumphant Quartet. Every performance was excellent and we really had a good time. We also did just a tiny bit of shopping while we were there. Sunday morning, we had breakfast at Stewarts. If you've never eaten at Stewarts, it's a really great value. They serve biscuits and rolls that are the size of a round birthday cake! The food is good, and the prices are very reasonable! I was able to get a few pictures of some of the groups performing. If you are not familiar with Southern Gospel music I would describe it as "inspirational, uplifting music with a country style". It's played on 91.7 FM radio a lot, and if you don't love it, there is something wrong with you!
As I type, I'm watching a pair of bluebirds trying to start a nest in one of our bluebird boxes. Each year we enjoy watching several families of bluebirds raised just outside our window. With any luck, maybe I'll be able to get a picture of them for my next post. Things are so green and beautiful, but the grass is needing clipped, so I best finish this post and get out there!

2 comments:

Heidikins said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please tell me that I'm seeing things!!!
oh mercy me...don't you know the old phrase "paybacks are heck"????
I can not believe you posted that picture!!! LOL.....
ummmm 37 if you have to know!!!!

thanks for the, uhhh WISH!!! :)

Connie said...

Lake of the Ozarks......brings back memories of when we went to the North American Christian Conference at Tan Tara Resort and played hookie from some of the sessions.