Thursday, March 13, 2008

More Signs of Spring!

I spent the time between bus routes today cleaning up the yard. I raked sticks, leaves and all the other stuff that the dogs have brought home to show us. While I was raking, I saw a bee! A honeybee!
Now, I am certainly no authority on such things, but I would think that a honeybee sighting is a very good sign of spring! I must say I got a little excited about seeing it, and then there were two! I actually saw several of them while I was raking and burning. Honeybees buzzing around in March!
I also was thinking (while I was raking and burning) that I am very thankful for a fairly small yard! Raking is more work than I'm used to doing. The burning part was fun. Oh, but I did have help. Scamba took one look at the rake, and said, "Not me!" And then he laid down right beside it, with his little sidekick, of course.


Then I started thinking, "I wonder if I should call the Sheriff and let him know I'm burning grass clippings." I decided against it. I figured, the little fires I was making were more like camp fires and I'm sure we're not required to call those in. Yet, anyway.















1 comments:

Heidikins said...

I love it. You sure have more energy than me. Last thing I'd do is rake leaves! LOL Squeak is sure growing.......

Oh and I've noticed a lot of red wing black birds lately too. I got fearful when I walked the other day - lol - remember when I was attacked (swooped at) last year?? Stupid birds!
We'll miss you tomorrow but do enjoy your time with your aunt. :)