Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom and Dad!


Surprise, surprise, surprise! We really surprised them. Kyle brought them to the party by telling them a big tall tale, and when he got them to the Ivor Fowler center, they were going to stay in the truck because they thought he was stopping in to see one of his friends!
When they realized that he'd been telling them a story, they came in to see many of their friends and family already there, waiting for them.
The party was very well attended. We tried to get everyone to sign the guest book, but are pretty sure there were a few that didn't even know it was there.
The cake was beautiful, and delicious, and gone! We ate the whole thing. Gariann's baked potato soup was a hit as well.
Mom and Dad are standing at the cake table, while we sing the "Happy Birthday" song, and I think they were saying to each other, did you know about this?
It was a fun party, and I'm sure they enjoyed it too.
We took some family group pictures of those who were there. Unfortunately, we didn't get started taking the pictures until after some of the kids had left, so we didn't get everyone in the pictures.
This is all the grandkids who were still there at the end of the day. We also took one of Mom and Dad with their kids....except for Lynn who had to work and could not be there.
Can you guess what's going through Mom's mind in this picture? I KNOW what she was thinking, but would enjoy reading your comments and guesses as to her thinking.



Well, that's my latest news, and now Dennis and I are heading to Quincy.

8 comments:

Heidikins said...

First of all...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your mom and pop. One thing about it - they'll never forget one's birthday! Secondly....in your last picture...>I think she's thinking "WHAT ON EARTH HAVE WE CREATED"......and in the huge group photo.....good looking bunch!!! I'm glad you didn't get the party spoiled. MUST BE NICE TO BE ABLE TO PULL A SURPRISE PARTY OFF FOR YOUR PARENTS...(dig dig dig....did you feel that??lol) you know I'll NEVER EVER let you live that one down!!!!

Susie Schulte said...

yeah, I know it, but you really should give me a break there because I honestly don't think anyone actually told me it was a surprise!
good guess on Mom's thoughts, and that's pretty much just what she was thinking, I'm sure!
it's SNOWING again here!!! Beautiful, and looks like we have an inch or so on the ground already. I'm hoping to try skiing tomorrow between bus runs.

Heidikins said...

OR maybe she's thinking "WHO ARE THESE CRAZY PEOPLE" lol

I'll come up with more thoughts...

Madam Cardoza said...

WOW!!! ....What a group. So glad you were able to Surprise your parents. I won't even take a guess at what your mother is thinking! But I would like to know why all of you have your mouths open so wide????? :-)

This reminded me of the time I thought you and Julie were having a surprise BD Party for me when we lived in the country. Do you remember that? You and Julie both told me to stay home on my birthday. Well I did and nothing Happened! Well I guess it did, I was really surprised I didn't get Surprised that day or DID I??? :-) But you and Dennis did stop by really late and David and I were still up watching a movie.

There's really more to the story that also includes David and Carolyn Rector but I don't want to bore your readers with that part of the story even though it's as funny as me thinking you were going to surprise me. You probably don't remember what happened with them.

Susie Schulte said...

I'll NEVER forget that "birthday party"! I don't remember how the Rectors were involved on that date though.
One thing for sure, something DID happen that day, but it was no birthday party. Do you remember? I don't think I'll ever forget that either. The day the Challenger blew up, and I was watching it on TV.
Bore my readers, and remind me!
Oh....the reason we all had our mouths open. We were taking our "scary" picture, and we were all supposed to make a big roar and scary expression. Apparently Mom either didn't HEAR the plan, or she just didn't want to look that stupid in the picture.

Madam Cardoza said...

Ok! I'll bore your readers. The Rectors just happened to come by and wanted to visit. The first ploy of the evening to keep me home, I thought....
:-) Mainly because David R. wanted to get pizza and I suggested going into town and he and Carolyn said no just have it delivered. At that time you could only get it delivered to the junction of 61 and W62. So both Davids drove up and got it.

All this time I'm waiting for everyone else to show up at the house. :-) That I thought you and Julie had invited. Boy what a chump I was.

Well, we ate our pizza and visited with the Rectors for about an hour before I told them what I thought they had come out for. They laughed so hard because they didn't even know it was my birthday.

I really felt like a fool after telling them how you and Julie just insisted that I go nowhere on my birthday. I still don't know why you did that?

All was not lost. We did have a nice evening with them and then with you and Dennis when you stopped by. So you could say that I did have a Surprise Birthday Party after all.

Heidikins said...

That is hilarious!! I'm glad you bored the readers!! LOL Since, I TOO, know the rectors and that JULIE is my kin, I'm glad to know what you girls were up too!!! I'd have died if someone told me to stay home and thought there was something going on.....and then NOTHING DID!! LOL LOL LOL :) :)
Great story!!!

Susie Schulte said...

I have NO idea why we told you that Madam! I doubt that I had any reason at the time, but even if I did, I've long since forgotten that.
That's a great story though, certainly NOT boring!