Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful!

Staying in is so delightful!
And since I've no place to go...
I will update the blog...don't ya know!

Yes....I know. It's a pitiful attempt. If only Bobbie had been here it would have been much better!
We do have ice, but not nearly what they were telling us to expect, thankfully! There's more coming though, so it could still be worse. The temperatures here warmed up through the night which is why we don't have as much ice as the forecast had indicated. It was 34 degrees when we got up, but has fallen again to 32 now. A couple degrees could make a huge difference!

Since I'm "off" today, I figured it was a good time to update the blog. Saturday I celebrated my birthday with my Red Hat chapter. Well, actually just two members of our chapter and me. We went to Carthage for lunch at the Plum Tree Restaurant and then a "Trans-Siberian" performance of "A Christmas Wish" by the local talent. I was quite surprised to find that there is such a lot of talent in Carthage! I am not typically a fan of "rock" music, but this was well done, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Before the concert, we browsed through a few stores around the square. Bobbie and Sherry made several purchases, and I found a few items as well. It reminded me of another day of shopping around the square in Carthage, but that's another story.
Maybe I'll share that story someday, but it's one of those "you had to be there to fully appreciate it" stories. Suffice to say that we laughed our lunch off, and I have the golden rose to prove it!

And here's the very latest on our "ice storm". This picture was taken at 8:15AM. It looks very much like the pictures from December 1st!

4 comments:

Heidikins said...

"Ohhhh holy crap - I missed your birthday parrrrrty...." (that was to be read in the tune of Oh Holy Night..so talk about pathetic attempt) I can't BELIEVE that I forgot your birthday. The 8th, right? Dang - soooo sorry
but HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY~~

Anonymous said...

LOL! I can't put that to the O Holy Night tune!!!
You had a lot going on over the weekend and I'm sure you were worn out! Ha! LOL! Thanks for the belated wishes....and that pathetic attempt!
Got ice?

Madam Cardoza said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Susie, Happy Birthday to you. I just sang that to you Susie. Sorry I missed it. Remember I'm older than you and have started to be forgetful. :-)

I liked the RH pic's. Wish I could have been there.

I was wearing shorts and a sleeveless top today. I don't know how much of this I can take. Probably at least 5 months. LOL

Anonymous said...

Thank you Madam! It's still drizzling here, and the temperatures are falling, so we'll get more ice I'd guess.
Don't forget the sunscreen!