Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Moto-Cross Mania

What a fun day! Fun for some of us anyway. Dennis and Travis worked hard all day. They were finally able to get into the fields, and at last report (by phone) had planted about 70 acres of corn. While they were working, I had lunch with Mom and Dad, along with Gariann, Kyle and Victor at Taco Bell. Later, Tyler, Kathy and the boys and Kyle came to ride. Tyler invited some friends. Neal and Stephanie with their two boys brought their bikes and wheelers. Bailey and Cody are both about 8 years old...as is Zach. Wyatt rode with me most of the day on our four wheeler. It was a beautiful day. Everyone seemed to have fun, and although there were a few very small wrecks, we had no injuries. Kyle was riding around with his feet over the handle bars and the young impressionables started imitating! Thanks Kyle! The trick which most impresses me is the front wheel thingy...but of course, I'm never ready with the camera when he does that! Tyler and Kyle went down into Sugar Creek and immediately found quick sand. They went down pretty fast, and got out of there as fast as they could. Naturally, by the time I arrived on the scene with a camera, they were back up on the high ground. Again, I missed what was possibly the best photo of the day! I took at least 50 pictures. I always figure that one of the great things about digital photography is that you can just take way more pictures than you think you would ever need, because it doesn't cost anything. Then, with so many pictures, you're sure to have at least of few good ones! These are my best ones of today:Tyler is the green shirt and white helmet. Above, Kathy is being chased by the three young riders.
And at left, you see those three young riders. Leading the way, is Zach. He is followed by Cody, and then Bailey. Kyle is wearing a white shirt. His bike and Tyler's bike look very much alike to me, but Kyle has a number (44) on his. Even Wyatt had trouble telling them apart. I know one thing...they both ride like they're unbreakable!

1 comments:

Heidikins said...

I think you needed to put "maniacs" not maniA.... LOL
Wow.....what craze!!! Looks like a great time was had by all!! :) We had a great day also. The weather was just gorgeous!!!! And
Hotel Nauvoo was simply wonderful but I wouldn't expect anything else. I definately over ate...but ya know what? I figure it was the greatest reward I could have gotten for meeting my 10% LOL
Back on track now!!!

Happy Mother's Day