Thursday, August 15, 2013

What's In Your Wallet?

You've most certainly seen all those ridiculous commercials for a particular credit card where at the end you are asked, "What's in YOUR wallet?"  I have to confess that I'm not carrying the card they are promoting in that commercial, but I like the question.  Well, I like the fact that it asks you to "look inside" or to check your "wallet".
I've recently been reminded that I have a very good indicator of what's inside of me! An easy way to "check the wallet of my heart" so to speak.  Jesus said, "...for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" (Matthew 12:34) WOW! I've heard that before.  In fact, I'm sure I've heard or read that verse many times.  What I so often fail to do though, is just listen to myself!  Do I grumble and complain? Am I critical? Am I judgmental?   Sadly, I do, and I am!  God demonstrated His love and gave His only Son, Jesus to die so that I could be redeemed, not that I deserve it, but because of God's infinite and unending love, His mercy and His grace. I want His love, mercy and grace to so fill my heart that it overflows onto everyone I meet.  Let me be filled with gratitude, let me be thankful, let me encourage, let my speech be gracious, and let me speak the truth in love.   
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. (Psalm 19:14)  Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes...incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain. Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things and give me life in your ways" (Psalm 119:33-37) 
Listen!  What's in your ....


0 comments: