Monday, August 16, 2010

As Summer Winds Down....

We have had a very busy, and extremely wet summer! Because of almost daily rain, we have not yet cut our hay. We hope to get it done soon! Also, due to the excessive rainfall, we won't have much to harvest this fall. Much of the bottom ground is still (or again) underwater.
Still, we are thankful for a bountiful sweet corn crop, lots of time spent with family, and time to relax and enjoy the wonders of creation.
Just yesterday, while doing a little weeding, I found a cute little tree frog. At least, I believe it was a tree frog. It was small, green and sitting on a leaf in the honeysuckle bush. I didn't have the camera with me at the time, and of course, later was unable to find him for a picture. I found a photo of a frog that looked just like it in our reptile book.

We enjoyed a fun filled week in northern Wisconsin at Camp Forest Springs. Many of the photos have been posted on FaceBook, so I won't post them again here.



Last week, Little T, the heifer belonging to Zach and Wyatt, gave birth to a beautiful little girl. The boys were thrilled to be here and witness the birthing process. They named their baby Candy. She's doing very well! Little T is a very good mother. The boys will sell Candy when she is weaned.

School resumes one week from tomorrow. I will again be driving the bus, and expect to also drive some activity trips. Summer went much too fast! I'm looking forward to a great school year though.

That's all for now. I'm sure there's much more I could say, but it's time for me to get out and accomplish a few chores!

0 comments: