Saturday, May 15, 2010

Productive Day Until Time To Bathe Rusty

I had lots of help today, and we got quite a bit accomplished. After completing several jobs, we thought it would be fun to give Rusty a bath. He really needed it! Well, turns out that Rusty didn't want a bath, but since we'd already applied the shampoo, we couldn't stop until he was rinsed. Long story short, the bath ended with one freaked out dog, two very concerned boys, and an extremely painful wound for me. Dr. Dennis helped clean the wounds and applied the super glue and bandages. I sure hope it doesn't get infected! Rusty is now resting quietly beside me, all soft and fluffy and smelling nice and clean. Was it worth it?
Zach mowed our grass and Wyatt trimmed. Wyatt also cleaned the interior of the truck. Both helped do some work at the cemetery, filling low places. I suspect that with all the rain we've had, there may be lots of places needing attention before Memorial Day.
I had hoped to include a few photos, but am unable to upload. After many attempts, I'm giving up!

Finally able to upload the pictures.....Sunday night.




















1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it sounds like you've got your hands full. Giving a dog a bath that don't want one, that alone will do it.

I'm sitting here reading your day makes me wish I could be more active.

Good luck with everything.