Friday, June 05, 2009

June!

Wow! School's out, and the first week of "summer vacation" is already gone! It's been a full week with various activities. Lots of mowing, some planting, chasing cows, fixing fences, walking every morning with Mom and Bobbie, and baseball games are just a few of the things that have kept us busy.
We finally decided that the bird pictured in the previous post was indeed a snow bunting. He's since moved on. Last night we enjoyed hearing the whippoorwills! Lightning bugs and whippoorwills....can it get any better than that? I love summer!
The pictures below just prove that some members of our family might be a little crazy! Tyler, and his friend, Michael are laying on the ground hoping Wyatt jumps far enough to clear them. You'll not catch me doing that!

3 comments:

Heidikins said...

1) it could get better with NO whipporwills :) We don't seem to have them here for whatever reason. I guess they are all at the lake...... I dunno bu never hear them here ever.
2) THAT IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!! What would they have done had he not quite jumped far enough?? LOL

Enjoy your summer.....

Charlie said...

Awww come on Susie, where's your faith. :)

Becky McKinzie said...

All I can say is that those guys laying there are two BRAVE men or two very dumb men. I guess I don't know what I missed with not having brothers or sons. ha ha ha. I think there is never a dull moment at your house.