Friday, January 16, 2009

Record Setting Cold!

We were about the only school in the area to have classes today! Our temperature was about 14 below zero. School started two hours late, and after lunch I am driving the third grade classes to Keokuk for Bald Eagle Appreciation Day. I'm hoping to get some really good pictures. I came home mainly to get my camera, because I forgot to grab it when I left for the morning run.
Here at our house, the bird feeder is abuzz with activity. I counted 18 beautiful, bright red cardinals at one time in and around the feeder. They can go through a 50 pound bag of seed quickly!

1 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I know--Mallory told me they had school this day. Poor kids! She was glad they got a delay though.
She goes to jr. high there in Keokuk.