Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Trick Or Treat...


Scamba! There's a skunk in our yard!!!
Scamba is checking out the little intruder, but he sure didn't smell like a skunk. He was the sweetest little skunk, and we gave him some treats and lots of hugs. He was a cuddly little skunk!
We also had a professional dirt biker come to our door. He was really nice, and looked so cool in his bike racing gear. He was very nice and well mannered, and a good looking young fellow! See for yourself:

You two or three folks that read this are probably wondering...what's been going on? I've not posted for quite a while. I can't say there has been nothing interesting going on, but I've just been busy and lazy I guess.
Travis and Dennis are still harvesting. They had around 100 acres of beans left when Dennis left here this morning, but I think they got a lot done today. At least, I've not seen or heard from Dennis since early morning. He just called and is on his way home...probably hungry. And amazingly, I actually have supper in the oven! Honey mustard chicken. It's starting to smell pretty good too.
I think they'll be able to get all the harvest done before the weekend, and then it will be time to work the fields getting ready for next season.
Other than that, the goats are doing great. Even Bully has adjusted and doesn't seem to be such a bully now. The calves are eating good, and the lady bugs (or Japanese beetles...whatever) are swarming the house. Scamba celebrated his 13th birthday last weekend. And Dennis has listed a bunch of his "junk" on E-bay! Yeah!!! Now, if I can just keep him from getting more! We're making some room on the shelves.

3 comments:

Heidikins said...

I take it that K-town trick or treats on the 30th??? They do it on the 31st here -

I love your new pics and story. How many acres do the guys farm? Sounds like they've been very busy.
And ahhhh yesss... the #@*#@()Q# lady bugs!!! I was bragging last week that they seemed relatively mild. WELL that changed today! My word - there's gotta be at least 30 on the wall by Am's chair - I've gotten rid of them once - but they keep coming back in. It's keeping miss Gracie busy I can tell you that! She's been quite the cricket killer this summer and so far, flies and lady bugs are her thing also! I'm hoping that we do NOT have mice like last year....but if we do I'm hoping even more that she'll do her job! Last year, Nala and Molly just ignored them - we finally nailed SEVEN of them on our own....I think you remember that saga! lol

THANK YOU FOR POSTING and we'll see you on Saturday!!! YAAAY
Looking forward to it! Did you call the bus people yet??

Anonymous said...

Hey, good to see you post. Has been a while. I am like you lots of things going on but no time to post. I tried to my 31 for 21 but alas, it fell short. You had some neat little trick or treaters. Hope the rain stays away and you can get the crops out.

Hugs
Debra and Hope

Connie said...

We had trick or treats in our town last night. Our football team is playing in the playoffs tonight so they moved it up a day. I'm in a nice neighborhood since the move last weekend and had over 100 kids. I would have had more had I not run out of candy! Who knew! It looked like most of the little guys were race car drivers....with Jeff Gordon being their top pick. The little girls seemed to like the princess theme.

The staples come out of my knee today and I'm ready. They're starting to annoy me. Maybe I can get rid of the crutches/walker too.

Happy Halloween!