Friday, August 24, 2007

Because You Asked!!!


Here it is! Most of you who read our blog have seen this at some point, however, Brandon is a new reader, so Brandon....this picture is for you! Also, at the risk of boring you all to tears and having you never look at our blog again, I'm going to add a video clip of a race between Tyler and Dennis in Memphis on Dennis' 58th birthday. The picture isn't really great...sometimes blurry, but the announcer is entertaining. Speaking of Dennis, and birthdays...he will be having another one on September 3.
School is back in session, and I've been transporting a bus full of students since Wednesday. Things have gone quite well, so far. The Kindergarten classes will start next week, so we'll have about six new passengers then. This week is Watermelon Festival in Montrose, and several (actually five) of the Watermelon Princess candidates ride my bus. Last year's Princess was April Burgess, and this year Miranda Rulon was crowned Princess. Both girls ride my bus.
Wyatt is on his way over to visit while his Mommy does some errands in town.
Dennis is on his way back from Green Bay, Wisconsin. He and some buddies went to Lambeau Field for a Packers game. I'm sure they've had a great time, and just spoke with him on the phone. He says he will be home around 4 PM this afternoon.
Guess that's it for today, except to say that we have 2.5 inches of rain since yesterday...so far!
Well....obviously, the video clip didn't make it. It downloaded, but some sort of error occurred, and I don't have time to fix it now. If I can figure it out, I will add it later.

5 comments:

brandonjames8 said...

Thanks Susie for the pic! Thats cool Dennis got to go to a game. It's been rining alot up here too. I went to MIS last weekend and ended up staying 5 days instead of 3 to see the Nextel Cup race. Slept in the back seat of my car, very wet and cold from Sat. night til Tuesday when the race finally got under way. First live race in 8 years and first one where I did the whole weekend thing and pit road. Got alot of cool autographs and pics, just didnt get to meet and get an autograph from who I really wanted one from :( Does'nt look like he'll make the chase either this year. Hope you guys arent drowning down there! Tell the guys I said hi! and have a nice weekend :)

Heidikins said...

So is Brandon a "long-lost" relative that you met up with at one of the reunions last weekend?? From the number of comments he has left you (back to back I mean) it sounds like I'm up for stiff competition in the comment world!! LOL

Welcome, Brandon!! :)

brandonjames8 said...

Thank you, and yes I have been lost several times....I am like the sheep that needed his legs broke so the shepard could carry him around his neck to prevent the sheep from wandering off....LOL (kinda) Travis was my best friend when we were young and remains on the short list of all time best friends....life just seperates people some times. Susie and Dennis were like parents to me and darn good ones at that. I still hold them in very high regard, and have many very fond memories because of that family, at a time when good memories were a rarity in my own family. Thank you for the welcome! (:~>)

Susie Schulte said...

Brandon, you've made my night...Thanks! (You must have remembered your passwords...LOL!)

Heidikins said...

Oh..and Brandon, feel free to check out MY page also!!!! The more the merrier! LOL

I'm not related to Susie/Dennis in any way other than Dennis was my Sunday School teacher as I grew up and we just know each other from church and they are good friends of the family!!!!!