Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Putting a Gazebo on the Deck!


I am so excited! We now have a little "gazebo" installed on our deck! The deck is on the west side of the house, and it's too hot to enjoy it during the day, and the mosquitoes eat us up in the evening. Now we have shade and mosquito net sides for evening enjoyment!
I'd been looking for one since we came home from Don and Ada's in Colorado. Finally found one, and it came today via truck. Here you see Dennis working at tightening up all the nuts and bolts. It went together quite easily. I am sure we'll enjoy our deck much more than ever with this little addition!
Dennis still has to secure it to the deck so the wind won't blow it away. We're hoping that there will be no wind tonight, because he'll have to get some lag screws tomorrow at the Farm and Home store.
That's about the only news I have today.

4 comments:

Heidikins said...

That is sooooo dang awesome man! I have never seen one!! It's very fitting for your place! I know whatcha mean about those 'quitos. I didn't spray the OFF this evening. I took another walk and then straight to the garden to pick more beans and they ate me alive. I have counted 11 welts total on my arms, shoulders and legs. Gawwwww Sure hope I don't come down with West Nile or worse yet, that other illness that is much worse that is new. Eeeek.

Heidikins said...

ummmm hello????

Have you been nailed to the gazebo????

Susie Schulte said...

Hahaha!!! Very funny! However, I am back now, and will be posting a new update to let you know where I've been and what I've been doing!

Heidikins said...

It's been a few hours since you posted your comment and there is no new posting ..... waiting and waiting (just like you do me!!!)
Have been missin ya