Monday, November 27, 2006

Oktoberfest in Ottumwa

Last October four buses took the Central Lee marching bands to Ottumwa for Oktoberfest. It's a long parade, and then activities and lunch (brats, naturally) with a drum line competition. Bus drivers were supposed to get free meal tickets, but they ran out of tickets before we got ours. We all went and cried a big sob story, and they gave us each a brat and drink free. A short time later, we found our band leader, and he had some meal tickets! So, we ate some more! After all, bus drivers work up quite an appetite!
It's a fun trip, and we bus drivers really "let our hair down" and have a good time. We posed for this silly shot, and Kerri has been holding it over Ron's head ever since. She says she's going to send a copy to his wife, Mary.
I would have posted this back in October, but Kerri just got the film developed! Kerri is the girl sitting on Ron's lap. Ron is the one with the big smile, and Pam is to the right. That other one, well...it's me!

3 comments:

Heidikins said...

I like your new layout! I was actually looking into changing mine around as well. ANd for the other postings I have added to mine....I got them off of several blog/my space websites. Some things don't work. THere are "codes" that you to copy/paste for them to post. I get angry when they aren't blogger compatible!!!! good luck! :)

Francie Roseen said...

Hey, I found you after you commented on mine. It's fun to catch up on you and yours! My email is now rosy7@wildblue.net. We just spent Thanksgiving in Chicago (stopped in Nashville on our way...or out of our way, whichever way you look at it!) All kids are doing great. Email when you get the chance. I don't have your email anymore!

Debra said...

Now I know what you bus drivers do in your spare time. LOL. Thanks for taking care of our children.

Deb