Sunday, November 19, 2006

Coralville Comments

I believe everyone enjoyed the annual shopping trip again this year. This trip was the first for Landon and Chris. Hopefully, Chris will make it an annual event! Landon, however, won't be going next time since next year he will be past the age limit for children. As the "rules" are now, the only babies permitted to attend are those who are under one year of age. Technically though, Landon was there last year with Golda, just as Emily was there this year with Amy.
After lunch at the food court in Coralridge Mall, we all went in different directions to shop. I found these girls taking a break near Santa. People were lining up to pay for pictures with Santa, but we figured that they could stand nearby with Santa in the background to get a free picture. Santa saw what we were doing, so he came over to give us a photo op! As you can tell...the girls were enjoying themselves, but look at the difference Santa made when he actually joined them for the picture! What a difference! This (I believe) is Emily's first picture with Santa.
After perusing the stores throughout the mall, we checked into our very nice rooms just across the street at Holiday Inn Express. If only I knew how to post a video clip onto this post!
Here you can see some of the reaction to watching the classic video "Goat Boy"...starring Timothy S. Porter!
We ate supper at the Olive Garden which was just next door. While there, I learned the right way to toss salad, and after stuffing ourselves way past the comfort point, we went back and just hung out visiting. At about 9 PM, some of us walked across the street to the Stone Cold ice cream shop! Never in my life have I seen such an array of delicious sounding choices. Since I was still feeling full from the Olive Garden, I decided on a small (like it) serving of pumpkin pie ice cream. It was wonderful! Here we are...except Golda and Landon, in the hotel lobby.

1 comments:

Heidikins said...

I just got home and first thing after unloading my crap was to check out the blog. I just KNEW KNEW KNEW you would have it updated! LOL Great job (bedmate) :)